Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Week 8 BOC: The Adventure

                                                    Week 8 BOC The Adventure
 
     I the Great  Phileas Fogg have landed in Bangkok, Thailand to study the mysteries of the Temple of the Reclining Buddha. While looking at this enormous landmark, I witness a group of Monks praying to the Buddha. Not taking what they are doing seriously, I made a joke about  the reasons why Buddhist not  great Blues guitarists is because they have no soul. One of the Monks got mad and yelled out "Khxng phraphuththcea kha khea," which means "In the name of Buddha, kill him!" The Monks all got up and chase me through the temple shooting and throwing Chinese Stars. As I was running across the courtyard, I purposely knocked over fruit stand and vendors tables. I took a shortcut through an alley, and dip into a Thai food restaurant. The aroma coming from the kitchen made me hungry. Hiding under one of the prep tables, I grabbed a piece of Thai flavored chicken and put it in my pocket. As soon as I did it, one of the Monks seen me and and took a swing at my head. I duck and push him on the stove and a piece of his robe caught on fire. I immediately ran out the restaurant, and found myself by a nearby harbor. I tired to jump in one of the boats, miscalculated, and fell into the water. I knew that the monks were hot on my trail, so I held my breath as log as I could under water until they past.
     I got out the water and went to a unique business where a lady dry clothes by fanning them in front of a coal fiery pit.The drying process was a complete success. I went across the street to a saloon to treat myself to a cold beer. As I gulped down my refreshing beer, I remembered the piece of Thai chicken I had put in my pocket. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the dried up piece, and took a bite. To my surprise, it was delicious. It went great with my beer. I thought to myself, I should come up with a new snack that goes great with beer and will represents my adventure in Bangkok. I will called them Thai Chicken Flavored Bangkok Bites. It will be fantastic.


                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment