Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 1 EOC : Great Customer Service



            I  can  remember   five  years  ago   In  Indiana  when  I  had   the  ambition and the means  to  purchase a  Rolex  watch.   There  were  many  high-end  jewelry  stores  in  the  Chicago land  area  that  sell  these  watches,  but  I  decided  to  try  James & Sons  Jewelers.  That  turned  out  to  be  an  excellent  decision.   
            According  Armstrong/Kotler,  “Customers  form  expectations  about  the  value  and  satisfaction  that  various  market  offerings  will  deliver  and  buy  accordingly. Satisfied  customers  buy again  and  tell  others  about  their  good  experience” (Marketing  An  Introduction 7).  This  is exactly  what  happened  to  me.  As  soon  as I  entered  the  store,  I  was   immediately  greeted  by  a  sales  person  and  was  offered  some  champagne.  They  had  no  ideal  if  I  was  going  to  purchase  something  or  not.  I  told  the  saleslady  that  I  was  interested  in  purchasing   a  Rolex  watch  and  told  her  my  price  range.  She  begin  showing  me  their  selection,  and  explaining  the  functions  of  the  various  watches.  I  was  over whelm  and  she  knew  it.  So  she  ask  me  to  point  out  the  ones  I  like,  then  she  took  them  out  the  display  case  and  had  me  to try  them  on.  She  was  extremely  patient  with  me  throughout  the  whole  process; offering  me  more  drinks,  getting  to  know  who  I am  and  figuring  out  what  watch  best  fits  me,  and  giving  her  expert  opinion.  Finally, after  an  hour has  past,  I  made  my  decision.  I  got the  Rolex  Datejust  with  the  white  gold  bezel  and  black  face  with  10  diamonds  on  it.  She  explained  detail  by  detail  of  the  warranty,  the  appraisal  process,  and  their  lifetime  cleaning  policy. All  the  salespersons   even  took  a  picture  of  me  with  the  watch and   posted  it on  their  wall.  All  the  customers  was  looking  at  me  because  they were  treating  me  like  a  celebrity. It  was  a  rememberable  buying  experience.
            Their  are  many  jewelry  shops  that  sale  Rolex  watches  in  Vegas,  but  if  I  get  the  urge  and  have  the  money  to  buy  another  Rolex,  I’m  flying   all the  way  back  to  Northwest  Indiana  and  purchase  mine  from  James &  Sons  for  their  superior  customers  service.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment