Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Pitch


My world travel adventure is coming close to an end, but I feel the excitement has just begun. My hot air balloon travel has taken me to the Great Pyramids of Giza, the Taj Mahal, and now the Temple of the Reclining Buddha in Bangkok.
             The Wat Pho or the Temple of the Reclining Buddha is the largest temple in Bangkok, so it attracts a lot of tourist and religious groups. I had decided to stay five more minutes, then I would go get a bite to eat. I suddenly witness a group of what appeared to be Asian Monks kneeling and praying to the enormous Buddha image.  Knowing that most monks are forbidden to speak because of their religious beliefs, I begin to make fun of them. I tap one of the Monks on the shoulder and said, “Why are there no good Buddhist blues guitarists?” One of the guys stop praying and looked at me with an evil smile. I replied, “ because they have no soul.” and laugh. What I didn’t know was these guys were former Triad gangsters and they took their religion seriously. One Monk pulled a gun from his robe and yelled out  “Ni chux Khxng phraphuththcea kha khea,” which means “In the name of Buddha. Kill him!” and they started chasing me. Since I’m the great world traveler Phileas Fogg, I took off running. I’ve never harmed anybody in my life.  I pushed tourist out the way, knock over fruit stands, and  hop over cars trying to escape. The Monks shot at me numerous times, but missed.  I ran into a Thai restaurant called Sai Chol.  The aroma of the food was breath taking. Hungry as I was, I took a piece of the Thai chicken off a plate and put it in my pocket. One of the Monks saw me and I ran out the restaurant. I jumped into a nearby river, and held my breath. Not knowing I was under water, the Monks walked right pass me, and started looking the other direction. I got out of the water,  went inside a laundry mat, and put my pants in the dryer.  My stomach started to growl, and I remembered about the chicken I put in my pants. I quickly took my pants out the dryer, and pulled out the dried up Thai chicken breast.  I took a bite out of the small piece of meat, and it was very tasty. I thought to myself, this would make a great snack. I returned to Sai Chol to hopefully get the permission and the recipe to the chef’s tasty Thai chicken.  I pitched the ideal to him and said, ‘If we could come to an agreement, we could name the snack Phileas Fogg’s Delicious Bangkok Bites and make millions.” He agreed, and the rest was history.  

No comments:

Post a Comment